CSIS SOUTHEAST ASIA PROGRAM SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
A COMPACT OF TRUST & MUTUAL RESPECT
The CSIS Southeast Asia Program is committed to the concept of promoting broad and inclusive engagement in developing and thinking about policy in the United States and Southeast Asia. We encourage interested parties to think and provide input. For that reason, we have sought to embrace social media as a channel for engagement.
To ensure an environment that is conducive to creativity, trust, and mutual respect between and among the program, our associates, and our readers, we are pleased to publish the following Social Media Policy.
The following User Agreement (“Agreement”) governs the use of the CSIS Southeast Asia Program’s (“SEAP”) social media sites and pages including social networking pages, web blogs, YouTube and file sharing sites (“Websites”), and such other channels as SEAP deems useful to employ in its mission.
Please read the rules contained in this Agreement carefully. You can access this Agreement at any time. By using any aspect of the CSIS SEAP Websites, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these rules, please do not use the Websites. This Agreement may be modified without notice, but any modifications will be widely published in an effort to inform readers of any changes. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. Use of the Web site constitutes acceptance of the Agreement and any changes or revisions to the Agreement.
Failure to follow these rules, whether listed below or in bulletins posted on the Websites, may result in suspension or termination of access to SEAP Websites and other social media outlets without notice.
COMMENTS BY OTHERS ARE NOT ENDORSED
SEAP does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with comments, opinions, or statements posted on the Websites. Any information or material posted on the Websites are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not represent the views of CSIS, SEAP, or CSIS Administrators (“CSIS Parties). By submitting a comment for posting, you agree that CSIS Parties are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive, or illicit material.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
All participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
- To ensure constructive comments, please post only remarks directly related and relevant to SEAP and its areas of interest.
- SEAP believes in debate and discourse. We also strongly believe that when one expresses an opinion, debates, or reflects on issues, they should not attack or intimate others.
- We ask that our participants be considerate and maintain professionalism while using our sites.
- We ask that our participants refrain from posting remarks that are unlawful or contain threats, obscenity, profanity, abusive language, or defamatory or sexually explicit material.
- Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
– Profanity, obscene, or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
– Intentionally misleading or damaging information.
– Promotion of services or products (not including noncommercial links that are relevant to the topic).
– Any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers or e-mail or postal addresses).
– Links that contain viruses and/or malware that may compromise ours and/or our participants’ security
EDITING, DELETIONS, AND BANNING
- SEAP administrators reserve the right, but undertake no duty to review, edit, move, or delete any material submitted as a comment for display or placed on the Websites at their sole discretion without notice/
- Continuous inappropriate conduct by participants could result in being banned. Every SEAP administrator can report a participant for violating terms. Such a report contains a timestamp and the terms violated by the post. Such a report will result in the participant getting a “warning.” A participant can be banned at SEAP’s discretion at any time for causes indicated in this Agreement. A suspension involves the following:
– Posts to the Websites are disabled.
– After 30 days of suspension the ability to post will be reinstated.
– If a participant should continue to violate the terms and is suspended more than once, his/her posting ability will be terminated until further notice.
Submissions and comments should be in English so that the majority of participants can read and understand them. To accommodate participants who wish to submit comments but are unable to communicate or write in English, submissions can be e-mailed to email@example.com with a request for translation. We will try our best to translate the comment and send it back to the participant for submission.
Thank you for your participation and interest in CSIS and SEAP. We look forward to your involvement with our program and appreciate your respect for these guidelines. If you have comments or suggestions on these guidelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy being part of the conversation.